Frequently Asked Questions
Here is a list of questions which we are asked quite often! We have done our best to answer them with as much up to date information as we can. We hope that you will find these useful. If there is anything else you want to know, don't hesitate to contact us.
- What are the arrangements for breakfast club? There are two different Breakfast Clubs in school. One for Nursery run by Supertots, please contact Clair Debrick on 07790 708103 for more information about this club. The other Breakfast Club is run by the school for Reception and Year 1 pupils - please see the School Clubs section of the website for more details.
- What are the arrangements for After School Club? Any pupil of the school can access this - they can even come back after morning nursery if wished, or can go straight there following wrap around care if they are attending this. The club finishes at 5:30 each day, but we intend to extend this to 6pm as soon as we can. It is run by Supertots so please contact Clair Debrick on 07790 708103 for information on prices and bookings.
- Which entrances do the pupils use? There are special entrances each for the Nursery, Reception and Year 1. If pupils arrive late (after 9:05am) then they will have to go to the Main Entrance to sign in and give the reason for lateness.
- What about uniform? We would like every pupil to wear uniform as it will look very smart and will also make them easily identifiable when out on school visits etc. We cannot make uniform compulsory for the Nursery children but we strongly encourage it - it will also stop their home clothes from getting too messy and reduces any morning arguments about what they will wear each day! We do not insist on every item having the school logo so it is absolutely fine to buy purple sweatshirts from supermarkets etc. Logo items can only be bought from YC Sports (see the other section of the website for details). Coats do not need to be a particular colour but YC Sports have a reversible fleece on offer which has the logo.
- Do pupils have to be potty trained? Obviously it is an advantage if they are ready to use the toilets at school, but all children manage this at different ages. Make sure that you let your child's teacher know if your son/daughter is not quite ready to use the toilet or is still having the odd accident (which we fully expect!).
- School dinners - can nursery pupils have dinner? Supertots will be running a Nursery Lunch Club for any pupils who attend our nursery and their wrap around care sessions. Please contact Clair Debrick on 07790 708103 for information on prices and bookings.
- What about pupils with Special Needs? Pontprennau will be fully inclusive. Our policy on SEN will be available soon on this site.
- What literacy and maths schemes will be used? A range - including Big Maths, Letters and Sounds, Penpals Handwriting, Abacus and Busy Ant Maths. We will have Big Cat reading books, PM reading books and a range of "real books". We will follow the Cornerstones Curriculum.
- What about wrap around care for Nursery pupils? We have a private crèche on site offering morning and afternoon wrap around care sessions. Please contact Clair Debrick on 07790 708103 or at firstname.lastname@example.org at Supertots to find out more.